If you consider yourself to be highly organized and capable of excelling in a fast-paced environment, this role with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines' Geoscience Labs is an excellent opportunity for you.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide a variety of administrative and clerical support functions
• Coordinate and maintain appointment calendars, boardroom bookings, travel arrangements, meetings and conferences, and provide attendance support
• Handle all incoming and outgoing communication and order office supplies
• Provide customer service
• Review source documents, check for errors and/or inconsistencies, and enter data into an electronic database
• Perform a variety of financial, revenue and reconciliation tasks
• Organize and maintain electronic or manual filing systems
• Maintain inventory, tracking and coordinating the reconciliation of assets
How do I qualify?
Administrative, Clerical and Financial Support:
• You have demonstrated experience in providing administrative and clerical support, and knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
• You have basic accounting skills and experience with budget monitoring, tracking and reconciliation.
• You are proficient with computers and computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, email and internet/intranet.
• You have records management and retention experience as well as the ability to accurately maintain manual and electronic filing systems.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have demonstrated interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
• You have excellent communication skills to liaise with clients, convey information or explanations, and prepare routine correspondence.
Judgement, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You have the ability to determine the nature of inquiries and the best way to handle a task, situation or information request.
Planning and Coordinating Skills:
• You have well developed organizational skills to set and manage priorities, coordinate information requests and organize own work.
• You have the ability to make travel and meeting arrangements and keep track of staff schedules.
Salary Range: $24.04 - $27.95 per hour
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 153858, by Friday, September 25, 2020. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.