Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Maintains familiarity with FDA, EU, and other relevant guidelines and industry standards to ensure that documents meet or exceed sponsor and regulatory requirements and guidance.
• Represents the editorial group in Medical Writing, on study teams, and in cross-departmental project teams as needed.
• Monitors timelines and budgets for assigned projects and updates the Lead Medical Writer, Project Manager, and/or direct supervisor (as appropriate) if deliverables are at risk.
• Provides technical support and expertise as appropriate. Conducts training of medical editing staff and functions as a mentor. Advises medical writers, medical editors, and study teams on data integrity review, compilation, publishing, and editorial standards. Provides training to members of the global Medical Writing team in aspects relative to their roles.
• Project lead for deliverables of assigned complex and/or large medical writing projects, including but not limited to scheduling and leading internal project-specific team meetings, organizing project-specific requirements, and ensuring that all information is distributed to the editorial team and implemented within the deliverable.
• Serves as a member of the medical writing team for projects with medical writing deliverables. Provides feedback to the lead medical writer on progress of document editorial process.
• Copyedits assigned documents, applying correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style following American Medical Association (AMA) or various custom style guidelines as well as established medical writing internal checklists and best practices.
• Performs data integrity review of assigned documents to ensure accuracy.
• Contributes to the development of process improvement tools and the development or revision of internal policies and procedures affecting editorial work.
• Manages assigned projects according to medical writing standard operating procedures and client standards, on time and on budget.
• May compile and publish medical writing deliverables.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in the life sciences, clinical sciences, or English/journalism; or copyediting, data integrity review, and/or relevant publishing experience.
• Significant relevant publishing experience using Adobe Acrobat or other appropriate markup language preferred; ISIToolbox experience preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent attention to detail, including strong copyediting, data integrity review, accuracy, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, presentation, project management, and team-oriented skills.
• Excellent grammatical and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Extensive familiarity with the AMA style guide strongly preferred.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple assignments with set deadlines.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and keep others informed of the progress and status of projects.
• Adaptable to changes in work duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
• Knowledge of FDA and EU requirements, ICH regulations and ISO standards as applicable to regulatory documents preferred.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
This job excludes Colorado applicants
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.