SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Medical records archivist who, under the authority of the head or assistant head of the archives department, trains, co-ordinates and oversees one or more medical records archivists, as well as other staff members in various job titles.
Based in Chisasibi, the medical archivist team leader is responsible for the organization of the medical archives department of the regional hospital of Chisasibi. He/she will also have the opportunity to collaborate, as part of a multidisciplinary team, on IT implementation projects at the regional level under the supervision of the regional archives coordination.
• Analyze and perform the coding of hospital files according to the current classification (ICD-10 / CCI);
• Update the medico-administrative data management information using the Med-Echo application;
• Provide first-level assistance to stakeholders and archives staff in applying the policies, laws and regulations, as well as in the use of different applications;
• Provide training and support to hospital staff such as for the maintaining of the files and records;
• Supervise the staff work of the hospital's archives department;
• Interpret and create statistical reports and produce annual reports;
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Diploma of college studies in medical records techniques recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport, or a diploma recognized by the Association Québécoise des archivistes médicales or the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA);
• Member in good standing of AGISQ is an asset.
• Two (2) years of relevant experience (an asset);
• Work experience in the health and social services sector (an asset);
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of various laws concerning the management of information of the Health of Quebec, such as Access to Information Act, LSSSS and chapter S-5, Archives Act, Act respecting the legal framework of the information technologies etc.
• Knowledge of the features of an IPM is an asset;
• Knowledge of the features of an interface is an asset;
• Knowledge of coding standards for ICD-10-CA, CCI and ICD-O;
• Good knowledge of the normative framework of I-CLSC;
• Learning agility of IT softwares;
• Good command of Med-Echo system and Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel) and knowledge of Impromptu (an asset);
• Knowledge of DSQ, SI-PMI, Crystal-Net applications and a forms management module is an asset;
• Knowledge of Medipatient ADT and MediDex, IPMR concept and interface functionality (an asset for future deployment projects);
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
• Analytic skills, ability to organize work and set priorities and attentive to details.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
• Remoteness premium between $6,099/year and $20,825/year, depending on community and family status
• Retention premium of $14 000/year;
• Cargo premium: Weekly amount to be confirmed depending on the community and family status;
• Accommodation provided: Furnished, heat and electricity included;
• Moving and storage expenses paid;
• Three (3) to four (4) annual sorties depending on family status;
• Group insurance plan;
• Defined-benefit pension plan (RREGOP);
*Employees of the health and social services network may request unpaid leave to work in a northern institution (up to 48 months).
The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay is responsible for providing health and social services for all persons residing permanently or temporarily in the Eeyou Istchee region, the Cree Territory of James Bay. It is a remote region in northern Quebec made up of nine communities of the Cree Nation, an Indigenous population of nearly 18,000 people.
The health and social services offered are front-line services provided in the nine local CMCs as well as second line services through the regional hospital centre in Chisasibi. When second- and third- line services cannot be provided in the community, patients are transported to institutions affiliated with McGill University's Réseau Universitaire Intégré de Santé (RUIS).
Salary: Min. (1) $23.12 - Max (12) $33.61