About Us At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Service Delivery Assistant
Are you an administrative professional committed to providing excellent customer service? If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to provide a range of administrative, program and financial support services related to employment programs to support our Employment and Training Division.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Prepare and review new client application files, review applications for accuracy and completeness
• Provide a range of administrative and program activities related to employment programs, including the invigilation and marking of written trade, modular and other examinations to support service delivery
• Prepare a variety of correspondence and other materials for clients and/or staff
• Provide quality customer service to clients at front counter and reception, responding to general inquiries (in person, by phone or by email)
• Process contracts and enter information into database systems
• Work closely with unit staff to respond to, and coordinate, ministry requests for information and reporting requirements
• Provide financial and budget management support services
• Process office accounts payables and receivables
How do I qualify?
• You have demonstrated communication, interpersonal and customer service skills to deal effectively with clients both in person and over the phone (e.g. explain procedures and recommend problem resolution) and prepare correspondence and reports.
• You are able to gather information from clients, and maintain confidentiality, tact and diplomacy when working with members of the public.
• You have knowledge of procedures, guidelines, processes and practices related to financial administration (e.g. invoice payment, budgeting and forecasting, supply and inventory maintenance) and general office administration, including electronic filing systems and records management.
• You have an understanding of employment services and related programs and activities.
• You are able to interpret and apply relevant employment legislation, regulations and other practices and procedures, such as Freedom of Information (FOI), in order to answer inquiries from clients.
Other Essential Skills:
• You have analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
• You have extensive planning, organizing and coordinating skills to handle multiple projects as well as perform regular duties.
• You are able to work in a team environment.
• You have computer skills and proficiency in office software such as word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Salary Range: $25.13 - $29.29 per hour
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, November 25, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 154925 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.