What you'll do...NEVER A DULL MOMENT. So much goes in to running a massive, successful enterprise like Walmart—and with the ever-changing retail landscape, keeping our stores running means facing fresh challenges, every single day. Our
Are you interested in being part of a district that is committed to collaboration, mentorship and creating innovative learning experiences? School District No. 58 is embracing the evolving changes in education and looking for motivated employees who are actively seeking dynamic professional opportunities and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students. We offer the potential to combine the natural beauty and amazing outdoor recreation opportunities associated with the Nicola Valley, with an exciting and fulfilling work environment. We have an ideal setting for those looking to pursue a healthy balance both professionally and personally.
School District No. 58 (Nicola-Similkameen) invites qualified individuals to apply for the exempt staff position of Executive Assistant to the Secretary Treasurer and the Board of Education. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation of the office of the Secretary Treasurer and will support the collective needs of the team.
The Executive Assistant provides support the finance department, education department and the human resources department. The role of Executive Assistant delivers superior senior administrative support to the Secretary Treasurer and the Board of Education in all matters pertaining to the Board's corporate affairs, Board meeting agendas and meeting minutes. The Executive Assistant demonstrates sound judgement and tact in dealing with Trustees, district staff and the general public on a variety of matters. Access to classified information in files, records, and through attendance at meetings, requires the Executive Assistant to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The Executive Assistant will also manage internal and external reporting processes, support, and deadlines as determined by the Secretary Treasurer or other department heads. The Executive Assistant helps build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders using superior interpersonal, communication and resolution skills.
ILLISTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration at a recognized institution. Equivalent experience will be considered
• Minimum of 5 years recent and relevant experience
• Well-developed minute taking and agenda preparation skills including office experience working in a confidential capacity
• Ability to identify and understand the sensitive and confidential nature of all types of materials.
• Advanced clerical, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to set priorities, adapt processes and procedures, manage multiple projects, analyze data, and prepare correspondence and reports under tight deadlines
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Advanced written communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
• Sound business acumen: communication, financial analysis and reporting
• An understanding of Truth and Reconciliation inclusiveness and approach
• Skilled at serving the public in a positive and helpful manner
Your application must include:
• Cover letter
• Three reference names (must be supervisors), email addresses and telephone numbers
This is a twelve month, full-time, excluded (non-union) position and offers a competitive salary and extensive benefit package.
Interested candidates must submit their application by November 19th, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. P.S.T. online at
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.