Do you have experience and demonstrated ability in an administrative and support services role?
If so, then consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to take your career to the next level.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide executive support to the Director and branch managers
• assist the Director with coordination of workload amongst other office staff
• review material and prioritize information for the Director
• respond/coordinate responses to requests from senior ministry staff, including directors from other branches/divisions, office staff from Deputy Minister and Ministers offices
• coordinate the preparation of correspondence for branch matters and issues management, and ensure appropriate approvals are acquired and timelines are met
• coordinate human resources administration for the branch
How do I qualify?
Administrative knowledge and experience:
• You have the ability to acquire knowledge of ministry, government, programs, priorities, stakeholder groups and administrative processes to coordinate responses on content and contentious issues in briefing materials.
• You have knowledge of financial and administrative policies and guidelines to monitor the branch's budget, contract management, invoice and travel expense processing and records management.
• You have the ability prepare, review and follow-up on branch policy documents to support the Director and expedite materials through the approval process.
• You have knowledge of human resources and financial policies and guidelines in order to assist in staffing, manage documentation and provide recommendations to senior management.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have proven written communication skills to prepare briefing notes, correspondence and review policy documents.
• You have the ability to handle information requests and negotiate due dates.
• You have proven interpersonal skills to respond to inquiries and to speak on behalf of the Director with ministry, government and external contacts.
Judgment and political acuity:
• You have proven judgment and political acuity to successfully support the branch and Director in liaising with other ministry executives, ministry partners and external contacts.
• You have the ability to understand the impact of interactions with stakeholders and to understand and identify the short and long-term impact of branch/ministry decisions.
• You have the ability to analyze policy documents to support the Director in the approval process.
• You have knowledge of computers and common office productivity software to prepare correspondence, reports, tracking systems for issues notes and cabinet and treasury board submissions.
Analytical and organizational skills:
• You have organizational skills to coordinate and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• You can identify and research contentious issues and determine a resolution.
• You have the ability to prepare draft reports on branch financial forecasts and budgets, contract management, human resources planning, travel and invoice expenditures.
Salary Range: $61,397 - $85,839 per year
Please apply online, only, by Friday, February 23, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 120175 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.