Dentons is seeking an Executive Assistant for our Ottawa office. Dentons Ottawa is a mid-size, full-service office with over 80 lawyers and numerous paralegals, and staff, all dedicated to providing the highest quality client service.
Our clients rely on our counsel in many areas, including financial services, real estate, litigation and dispute resolution, corporate (including private enterprise), mergers and acquisitions, securities, regulatory and employment law.
This role will be providing high quality, proactive and value add administrative support in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant will be a valuable member of our team and will help to provide key organizational and strategic support to execute our growth plan and office priorities.
Generally, the hours of work are from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., however, due to the nature of the role some pre-authorized overtime and flexibility in core hours may be required.
• Work closely with the OMP to execute against key business plan objectives and office initiatives
• Provide critical daily support, demonstrating poise, tack and diplomacy
• Assess the urgency ad importance of situations and take the appropriate action
• Proactively assist the OMP in responding to and delegating routine inquiries and administrative tasks
• Juggle multiple competing tasks and demands keeping focused on priorities and deadlines and assisting OMP to do the same
• Provide support for meetings, including driving agendas, transcribing meeting minutes, executing
action steps, and coordinating meeting requirements
• Support the OMP in post-meeting follow up to execute against timelines and commitments
• Manage the calendar, calls, mail, e-mails, meetings and travel for the OMP and coordination of events originating from that position
• Accurately prepare and edit correspondence, reports, minutes, presentations and pre-read packages for meetings
• Support department budget management activities i.e. prepare and submit expense reports, prepare spreadsheets
• Competently utilize the Firm’s technology and tools
• Perform other administrative tasks as may be allocated and other duties as assigned.
• Experience in a legal practice environment or professional services environment highly preferred
• 7-plus years of professional experience with a minimum 5 years of experience supporting a top executive required
• Strong client contact experience is a must
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills (both verbal and written) and professional telephone and e-mail manners are required.
• Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and aptitude with technology
• Strong attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required.
• Able to take initiative, work independently with little instruction or supervision, and be able to prioritize.
• Able to prioritize competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
• Must be confident, trustworthy, flexible and reliable
• Able to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.