The Ministry of the Attorney General's Victims and Vulnerable Person Division seeks a bilingual, motivated person to be the first point of contact for the Victim/Witness Assistance Program (VWAP). You will provide clients with program and services information. You will also provide assistance and a full range of administrative services in a fast-paced environment specific to domestic violence cases.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• respond to, and record, inquiries, referring issues to appropriate staff
• receive and review incoming files and materials to determine priorities
• establish and maintain office filing systems, input data
• extract and format data, and prepare statistics and routine correspondence
• maintain reception area, waiting room and office equipment
• arrange meetings and coordinate appointments
• assist in training and orientation of new staff
How do I qualify?
• you are proficient in English as well as in oral and written French at the advanced level. Your level of proficiency will be tested.
• you can type 50 wpm (per ministry standards)
• Demonstrated communication/interpersonal skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Ability to apply judgement, tact, sensitivity and diplomacy
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Experience in/knowledge of office administrative processes/procedures such as financial reconciliation and office expenditures
• Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of the criminal justice system, victims' issues (e.g., child abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence, homicide, etc.), the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and VWAP services and objectives
• Analytical/problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in MS Office software, operating database systems and internet web-based applications
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic
• Ability to interpret and apply policies/procedures and legislation
Salary Range: $24.63 - $28.71 per hour
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 140126, by Wednesday, October 23, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.
SCOPE OF POSITION The Bilingual Parts Call-In Analyst works within the Warranty and Quality Engineering (QE) department, providing support to internal and external affiliates by handling the processes and maintenance of warranty called in parts.
Who we are: Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology,
POSITION TITLE: Cheque Processing Administrator - Part Time REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Customer Accounting SCOPE OF POSITION: The incumbent is responsible to serve customers and dealers, and reflect business transactions
RECEPTIONIST/CLERK (Part-Time) – Extendicare Scarborough Candidates are invited to apply for the 18 hours bi-weekly Part Time Receptionist/Clerk position at our 150-bed long-term care facility located in Scarborough, Ontario. Reporting to the
Applications are now being accepted for a Summer Student in the Business Support Section in the Operations – Business, Fleet and Public Realm Division, Community and Fire Services Commission. To apply for this position, please submit your cover
Job Type: Temporary Contract Primary Location: Vaughan, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Calgary; Regina; Vaughan; Winnipeg Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be. Build a network of colleagues for life Grow