Bring your excellent customer service skills to the Toronto South Detention Centre, where you will provide a wide variety of reception and clerical support services.
Please note: This position requires you to work on an on-call basis. The hours of work are 0 to 36.25 hours per week, including weekends and statutory holidays, based on operational requirements and with no guaranteed hours.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Screen and direct multiple-line telephone switchboard calls to the appropriate staff
• Schedule, coordinate and administer visits
• Receive visitors and verify identification
• Process incoming and outgoing mail
• Compose a variety of documents and correspondence (e.g., letters, forms, memos, reports, etc.)
• File and maintain ongoing inventory, and order stationery as required
How do I qualify?
Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Communication Skills
• You can apply excellent customer service skills when handling calls using a multiple-line switchboard
• You can communicate clearly with staff and the public, answer questions and greet visitors with professionalism, tact and courtesy
Office Administrative Skills
• You have knowledge of and experience in using a multi-line switchboard and in providing reception services
• You have knowledge of office practices and procedures, and legislation related to confidentiality of information
• You have strong keyboarding skills to type and/or compose documents
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software and applications to prepare a variety of correspondence and reports
Mail Processing Knowledge
• You have knowledge of the relevant Canada Post regulations and mail/courier procedures to process mail
• You can follow and apply relevant policies and procedures related to mail processing
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can determine the correct destination of incorrectly addressed mails
• You can prioritize incoming calls, and you are able to recognize and act upon unusual calls
• You have sound judgement to deal with challenging callers, and know when to refer a caller to appropriate staff
Salary Range: $20.40– $23.59 per hour
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, August 17, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110411 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.