School District No. 67 (Okanagan Skaha)
Administrative Assistant- Human Resources
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of duties and responsibilities in support of the Human Resources Department of School District No. 67 (Okanagan Skaha). This position is a TEMPORARY 0.5 FTE Exempt position that will provide confidential administrative support to the Human Resources Department and may be asked to provide administrative support to the Education Department from time to time as well.
The School District
School District No. 67 (Okanagan Skaha), representing the communities of Penticton, Summerland, Kaleden, and Naramata, serves the educational needs of approximately 5800 students through 11 elementary, 3 middle, 3 secondary schools and 1 distributed learning school.
The School District has a proud history of excellent student achievement across a wide range of accomplishment areas: academics, fine arts, athletics, career programs, French Immersion, and applied skills with a focus on meeting the individual needs of all learners.
The communities are nestled on the sides of Skaha and Okanagan Lakes in the heart of wine and fresh fruit country. Apex Mountain Ski Resort, named nationally and North America-wide as one of the finest small destination ski areas, is an easy 45-minute drive from Penticton. The combination of good working conditions, strong community support for schooling, and excellent recreational amenities makes the area a highly desirable home. For further community information on Penticton see: Our Community | City of Penticton
• Duties are performed under the supervision of the District Principal, Human Resources or designate.
• Provides HR services to employees and clerical support to the Human Resources department.
• Provides on-boarding for new hires, including paperwork processing, and ensures compliance with Board policies and procedures and the Criminal Review Act.
• Assists with employee paperwork tracking.
• Assists with preparing and processing internal and external job postings and applicant lists.
• Provides logistical support for employee events, in-service and professional development activities.
• Acts as a back-up in the absence of other HR staff.
• Facilitates accurate entry and tracking of data in HRIS (Atrieve).
• Maintain/update various department/district HR database tools (staffing assignments, certification, employee evaluations, criminal record checks, etc.).
• Maintain department webpage.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence and departmental forms.
• Organizes and maintains the Human Resources filing system; ensures accuracy and completeness of confidential personnel files and employee records.
• Follows proper work procedures, observes all regulations pertinent to the work, maintains a good working relationship with other employees and cooperates in maintaining a healthy learning and working environment.
• May be required to assist Senior Education Department staff with a variety of responsibilities.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Grade 12 education supplemented by completion of post-secondary program certificate in business administration or related field including some coursework in human resources.
• Minimum 3 years previous experience as a confidential administrative assistant.
• Typing speed of 60 wpm.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience using Atrieve ERP would be preferable.
• Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential information.
• Ability to handle high volumes of work with constantly changing deadlines and constant interruptions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize duties with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Terms of Employment
Salary range $61,816-$77,270.
Temporary 0.5 FTE exempt position.
The position, including FTE and salary range, will be re-evaluated at June 30, 2024.
Start Date: December 2023 – Date by mutual agreement
Deadline for applications: 2:00 pm (PST), November 30, 2023
Resumes should be in a single PDF, include references and supporting documents and should be sent to Diane Haddow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the original posting on Make a Future at: https://bit.ly/40Ly5Yz
Our district is committed to equity and creating a learning environment for Indigenous students that fosters a sense of belonging, encourages a sense of pride in their heritage, and promotes academic and personal success. The presence of strong Indigenous role models will support these goals.
Indigenous ancestry will be considered an asset for qualified applicants.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.